Teeth whitening makes your teeth brighter and more beautiful!
Teeth whitening is a quick and easy way to boost your self-esteem!
When meeting a stranger, it is a smile that first catches your eye. A radiant smile greatly increases the self-esteem and self-confidence of a person. Teeth whitening has become a very popular procedure in recent years. Teeth whitening is a quick, simple, and effective procedure to improve the appearance of your smile and teeth in general!
Let us take a closer look at what types of whitening are available and what role pre-procedural plaque removal plays.
What is the teeth whitening process?
“How to whiten my teeth?”
Teeth whitening consists of removing various stains and pigments from food dyes from the tooth surface and enamel. This way we get brighter teeth and a radiant smile. Tooth pigmentation normally occurs due to consuming such coloring substances as coffee, tea, red wine, etc.; also, smoking is the often cause of heavy plaque.
The teeth whitening process includes the following steps:
- Assessing teeth and enamel status. Before any whitening procedure, a thorough oral examination should be performed. During the examination, the dentist evaluates the overall dental health and collects dental history, as well as identifies the cause of pigmentation and possible diseases affecting the oral cavity. The whitening procedure often requires some pre-treatment.
- Removing plaque and tartar. Tartar is a hardened plaque that can no longer be removed at home. It is usually advised to remove tartar and plaque from the tooth surface before the whitening procedure as this contributes to the best result! To remove plaque, special ultrasonic and mechanical instruments are used. Thus, we get a clean teeth surface, where the bleaching agent shows the most effective action, and the patient will receive the best whitening result!
- Teeth whitening agents. Whitening agents pass through the surface layer of the enamel, penetrating the deeper structures of the teeth and acting from within. Typically, the whitening agent applied to the tooth surface is provided in gel form.
- Activating the agent. Various methods are used to activate the whitening agent, such as a laser or a light lamp.
Important tips for laser whitening
- Laser teeth whitening is contraindicated in the case of any gum disease or allergy to hydrogen peroxide
- It is also contraindicated during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Before laser whitening, it is recommended to avoid smoking and drinking alcohol for a few days.
- Within 48 hours after whitening, avoid consuming products that leave pigment on the teeth. Such products are coffee, fruits, red wine, tomato sauces, tea, tobacco, etc.
- If sensitivity develops after a whitening procedure, please take painkillers and use toothpaste to treat sensitive teeth.
Teeth whitening at home
In addition to whitening in the dentist’s office, teeth whitening at home is also available.
Home whitening is a convenient and safe procedure. For a patient to whiten his/her teeth at home, the dentist will make casts or take scans of the patient’s teeth and create individual trays in the laboratory based on this information. In the dentist’s office, the patient will be given whitening instructions along with a home whitening kit that contains trays and gels. The home whitening course lasts 1 to 2 weeks. The concentration of the whitening agent in case of a home whitening procedure is less than during in-office whitening. The big advantage of this procedure is the possibility of re-whitening the teeth with the same tray.
Teeth whitening is a procedure that will make your teeth beautiful and whiter. A beautiful smile boosts your self-esteem and self-confidence! There is no need to be afraid that the whitening process will damage the tooth enamel. Whitening is a harmless procedure. Before starting whitening, you need to consult a dentist. Perhaps the dentist will advise you to first remove plaque and tartar to obtain a maximum result of the procedure. Under the supervision of your dentist, you will get a radiant smile!
If you want to whiten your teeth and get a radiant smile, sign up for a consultation at the EstDental Hambaravi clinic. Feel free to contact us.